Friday, May 28, 2021

DJ Interviews: Line Munch-Petersen

 Eagle https://open.spotify.com/track/5p7k4s2aRrU3qfF2VF4lJw?si=hh9_uH9aQlSyh21ebRDk_Q




How'd you get started in music?

Since I was a little child I have been making melodies. Whenever I had the chance I would try to play the piano and I would be singing all day long, when nobody listened . With no encouragement from my parents, it was not until my Grandpa let me inherit his old piano, that I started to actually play. Tried to learn it from a beginners book. Still I cannot play much but I can find the chords for my melodies and put them in to Logic on my computer and I have made electronic tracks to accompany my singing.  I find it very challenging to write lyrics and I love to be in the process of making music 


Who are your inspirations or influences?

I have been inspired by all kind of music. As long as it is melodic. From Classical,  Opera to Bowie and Beatles, The Cure,  Prince, ABBA, Joni Mitchell, Sheryl Crow, Steven Wilson, Enya, Celtic Woman, Alan Parson, Ed Sheeran and lots of danish artists . The list is endless.


What advice would offer aspiring performers?

To follow your urge to make music, your urge to sing. I thought that I could be happy doing something else, but the music kept dragging me back into the addictive creative process and I regret I didn’t start earlier, didn’t go for a music education/carrier . Didn’t put more effort into overcome my stage fright. So my advice would be to keep trying even it is hard. To dare !


How do you set yourselves apart from other bands or singers?

I am older and I don’t have much of a musical background. Even so I have made my music myself. On a computer, recorded it  at home and had it mixed and mastered by my very encouraging friend Kurt State (UK) . It is a lonely process and I decided to do some new versions by a professional danish producer Christoffer Høyer and recently I have released The Eagle which has done very well in comparison to my earlier releases and I am going to make some more professionally produced  releases of old and new songs in the near future. 



Any new gigs or albums in the future?

yes :)  Waiting for Covid to be behind us…

No comments:

Post a Comment