Wednesday, May 26, 2021

DJ Interviews: Harold K

 How'd you get started in music?

My passion for music started when listening to some old vinyls at my grandparents' place, at the age of about five. I still vividly remember listening to my favourites: Waylon Jennings, Bobby Bare, Skeeter Davis, and Elvis Presley! I myself started playing and singing much later. But that was the start, as I was already then trying to sing and dance along with my 'idols'.

Who are your inspirations or influences?

That would be a long list... I'll give you a short version of it: Since I care a lot about lyrics, I just have to mention Bob Dylan, Leonard Cohen and Bruce Springsteen. Then I like Hank Williams a lot for his clarity and simplicity. But I'm also inspired by poets of the page, like Ovid and Baudelaire, to mention a couple...

What advice would offer aspiring performers?

Keep learning from others. That's the advice I keep offering myself too!

How do you set yourself apart from other bands or singers?

The same thing that makes anyone unique: My specific blend of influences. Probably not too many out there who are influenced by both Ovid and Hank Williams, but then again: Who knows?

Any new gigs or albums in the future?

I'm actually working on recording some songs these days. A project like that takes time though, as I wanna get it right! But I hope I can start releasing some singles towards the end of the year. And those songs will also be released as either two EP's or one album.

I hope to get to play gigs again in autumn, in front of real people, all of us feeling good and feeling safe. The first time I get to play in front of real people again is gonna feel special and very emotional...

----

Thank you so much for inviting me to this interview in your nice music blog! Glad to have the chance to feature on your page!

Here's a link to one of my songs on youtube:

Herald K - The Sisters - YouTube

And all of my songs on spotify:

Spotify – Herald K

No comments:

Post a Comment