Sunday, August 29, 2021
Saturday, August 14, 2021
Here's my interview with Teo, Enjoy!
How'd you get started in music? When I was a kid I set out to make video games and got a bass to write the music on. My friends at school proposed we start a band. I decided to forget about the games and took up guitar to further pursue music.
Tuesday, August 10, 2021
Monday, August 9, 2021
Sunday, August 8, 2021
Saturday, August 7, 2021
Friday, August 6, 2021
Thursday, August 5, 2021
Here's my interview with Keith DiBuduo
How'd you get started in music?
Tuesday, August 3, 2021
Here's my interview with band, Sour Flower
Q. How'd you get started in music?
Christy: By singing along to songs on the radio while sitting in a booster seat in the back of my family’s minivan. I realized that I loved to sing and wanted to pursue a career!
Q. Who are your inspirations or influences?
Christy: Vocalists that particularly inspire me are Avril Lavigne, Bruce Dickinson, Lzzy Hale, Chris Cornell and Miley Cyrus. I’ve been really digging Miley’s latest album! Her rock vocals are insane!!
Q. What advice would you offer aspiring performers?
Christy: Remember to be true to your authentic self. Appreciate the talent of others but don’t compare yourself to them. If you lack confidence then fake it. Get up there and do your best each show because you are the best at what YOU do!
Q. How do you set yourselves apart from other bands or singers?
Christy: I never try to sound like anyone else. I write from pure emotion and let the vocal melodies flow through me then add lyrics later on.
Q. Any new gigs or albums in the future?
Christy: Our debut single ‘Paranoia’ was just released on Friday, August 6th! Available on all major music platforms. I made a lyric video for YouTube as well!
Monday, August 2, 2021
Hey there guys here's my interview with the band Nasty Party!
How'd you get started in music?
We have both been interested in playing Music from very early on. In our student days, Simon & I used to get drunk & record songs in his parents basement.
We have since been involved in various projects & bands but it wasn't until we randomly reconnected in 2018 that we decided to do the Nasty Party Project.
Who are your inspirations or influences?
The primary motivation behind the birth of Nasty Party was to celebrate the lost Australian Pub Rock culture.
We love all those early Australian bands like The Saints, Midnight Oil & INXS.
I remember watching the Alberts Records Documentary and lamenting that there was no longer an Australian Rock sound like there once was.
We weren't really hearing much music that seemed to reflect our own place in the world. We were also frustrated that there was a lack of political music around that was speaking to the times.
We wanted to make songs that said something & didn't turn away from things that are difficult to talk about.
Not only did we want our songs to feel local, we wanted them to express what it feels like to be an Australian in 2021.
What advice would you offer aspiring performers?
Never before has it been more important to be yourself. There is just so much music around these days... more choice than there has ever been in history.
You should always just focus on making music that gets you off... If you are true to your vision you will always find an audience of people who feel the same way.
How do you set yourselves apart from other bands or singers?
We created Nasty Party in order to make the kind of music we weren't really hearing.
So much of what is going on in music seems to be based on a kind of romantic nostalgia.
Although sonicly we are inspired by elements that some might consider to be "Retro". We wanted the sum of our parts to be reinterpreted in a way that's forward looking.
Any new gigs or albums in the future?
Live Music is most probably not going to return as it was for quite a while unfortunately.
In the meantime we have plans to hopefully release 2 more singles & some accompanying videos this year. We will then be looking to create some new material for an 2022 Album release perhaps.
Special thanks to them for this interview & I wish them lots of luck in their music. So until then i'll catch you on The Flipside! stay awesome & rock n roll!
Sunday, August 1, 2021
Hey guys, here's my interview with singer Iroyelle
1) Music has been part of my life since I was very young. I started recording my own songs in 2017 because I was seeking a creative outlet outside of my daily 9-5 working life. I quickly came to realize, something I already suspected, that this is where my true passion lies.
2) One of the first bands that influenced me at a very young age was The Beatles and they continue to do so to this day. Tina Turner is also an inspiration for me because I always thought she is incredibly diverse in her music and a totally unique artist. I would be remiss if I did not mention Bob Marley as another key inspiration and influence, because not only did everything about his music appeal to me, but also the way in which he changed the world with what he stood for. These are a few of my inspirations because I'm highly influenced by a diverse range of musical genres and styles.
3) Always be yourself means, find your own sound, your own voice and your own style and simply go for it.
4) I believe what sets me apart is the fact that my work does not fit into one single genre. I started with electronic, hip-hop, soul and some other styles, but recently I started to dive into different styles of rock and blues. In my EP with Tyler Cressman, I worked for the first time in hard prog rock, metal, punk and with psychedelic elements added in. Later this year, I'll be releasing an album with Tyler which will include all of my inspirations and influences, as well as new genres I haven't done before. This ability to delve into different genres is what sets me apart from other artists.
5) The album that I will release later this year will be composed of styles like blues, funk, worldmusic, jazz, soul, classical, folk and more... This concept album will tell the marvelous story of how a chance encounter on Twitter led me to meet the love of my life and collaborator on this and my future music. Each song on this album will tell a different chapter of this love story. For this album and our future music, Tyler and I have created a band, the name of which we will be announcing soon. We look forward to performing all of these songs in the near future as soon as more venues begin to open