Hey guys, here's my interview with singer Iroyelle
1) Music has been part of my life since I was very young. I started recording my own songs in 2017 because I was seeking a creative outlet outside of my daily 9-5 working life. I quickly came to realize, something I already suspected, that this is where my true passion lies.
2) One of the first bands that influenced me at a very young age was The Beatles and they continue to do so to this day. Tina Turner is also an inspiration for me because I always thought she is incredibly diverse in her music and a totally unique artist. I would be remiss if I did not mention Bob Marley as another key inspiration and influence, because not only did everything about his music appeal to me, but also the way in which he changed the world with what he stood for. These are a few of my inspirations because I'm highly influenced by a diverse range of musical genres and styles.
3) Always be yourself means, find your own sound, your own voice and your own style and simply go for it.
4) I believe what sets me apart is the fact that my work does not fit into one single genre. I started with electronic, hip-hop, soul and some other styles, but recently I started to dive into different styles of rock and blues. In my EP with Tyler Cressman, I worked for the first time in hard prog rock, metal, punk and with psychedelic elements added in. Later this year, I'll be releasing an album with Tyler which will include all of my inspirations and influences, as well as new genres I haven't done before. This ability to delve into different genres is what sets me apart from other artists.
5) The album that I will release later this year will be composed of styles like blues, funk, worldmusic, jazz, soul, classical, folk and more... This concept album will tell the marvelous story of how a chance encounter on Twitter led me to meet the love of my life and collaborator on this and my future music. Each song on this album will tell a different chapter of this love story. For this album and our future music, Tyler and I have created a band, the name of which we will be announcing soon. We look forward to performing all of these songs in the near future as soon as more venues begin to open
Special thanks to them for doing this interview, Until then I'll catch you on The Flipside! Stay awesome & rock n roll!
Post a Comment