Tuesday, August 3, 2021

DJ Interviews: Sour Flower

 Here's my interview with band, Sour Flower



Q. How'd you get started in music?


Christy: By singing along to songs on the radio while sitting in a booster seat in the back of my family’s minivan. I realized that I loved to sing and wanted to pursue a career! 


Q. Who are your inspirations or influences?


Christy: Vocalists that particularly inspire me are Avril Lavigne, Bruce Dickinson, Lzzy Hale, Chris Cornell and Miley Cyrus. I’ve been really digging Miley’s latest album! Her rock vocals are insane!! 


Q. What advice would you offer aspiring performers?


Christy: Remember to be true to your authentic self. Appreciate the talent of others but don’t compare yourself to them. If you lack confidence then fake it. Get up there and do your best each show because you are the best at what YOU do! 


Q. How do you set yourselves apart from other bands or singers?


Christy: I never try to sound like anyone else. I write from pure emotion and let the vocal melodies flow through me then add lyrics later on. 


Q. Any new gigs or albums in the future?


Christy: Our debut single ‘Paranoia’ was just released on Friday, August 6th! Available on all major music platforms. I made a lyric video for YouTube as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment