Tuesday, May 25, 2021

DJ Interviews: Jim Edwards

 How'd you get started in music?

I've always love music from as early as I can remember.  My father gave me a small portable radio and I'd listen all night under the covers, not only to the music, but to the DJ's.  From that I decided I want to be just like them on the radio!  I high school, I joined the radio club.  After HS, went to my local community college and got a degree in radio broadcasting.  I went to work after that and now after over 25 years I'm still doing it!

Who are your inspirations or influences?

Hey I was young listening to the radio, I really liked the specialty syndicated shows.  Casey Kasem's American Top 40 was my favorite.  I wanted to be like him and have a show everyone listened to every week.  I now do and it's growing to more stations as I hope to see my dream come true.

What advice would offer aspiring performers?

Follow your dream, work hard and listen to everyone you can to find what you think works for you.  Get a mentor.  Take the opportunity to get on air anytime, anywhere you can.

How do you set yourselves apart from other bands or singers?

Our show, The New Music Food Truck is unique in how we present new alternative and indie music.  We deliver fresh new music as if they were being offered on the menu of a food truck.  Listening to new music is often called sampling and food trucks are a new hip way to sample different foods.  So we combined the two and our show gives listeners the opportunity sample hot fresh new music!

Any new gigs or albums in the future?

We are always looking to add more stations to carry our show.  The show is fresh every week and we're always looking new music.  In the future we hope to expand the show to 2 hours from one.

For more info on The New Music Food Truck here:  https://www.newmusicfoodtruck.com/info

No comments:

Post a Comment