Thursday, November 19, 2020

DJ Interviews: The Kinters

 Hey there guys its your old pal DJ Dizzy & this is my interview with a band called The Kinters as we sat down & discussed their musical beginnings.

How'd you get started in music?

I’ve always played music. My mother was a singer and my father was a jazz flautist. It was high school I started gigging and playing guitar seriously and writing. I have a song on Spotify called “tomorrow’s another day.” I wrote that in high school.

Who are your inspirations or influences?

Kris Kristofferson an Bob Dylan are probably the two biggest influences. Lately I’ve been listening to a lot of Al Kooper and the Mamas and Papas. Johnny and June are huge influence is on us. George and Tammy, Neil and Emmy Lou. But I always come back to Kris Kristofferson an Bob Dylan

What advice would offer aspiring performers?

You’re not behind on anything. All this marketing stuff is just tools for you to use after you make songs. Making songs is your joy. Making music as what you’re here for. That’s what you’re behind on. Make music and you can always market it later.


How do you set yourselves apart from other bands or singers?

I like to think it’s our lyrics. When I listen to other bands I just don’t hear lyrics like I want a lot of the times. That’s what drives me to make music sometimes, contributing lyrics to the fray.

Any new gigs or albums in the future On November 24 we are releasing two singles. One of which is already on BandCamp! Hostage is a song I wrote when my mother died. I took the phrase hurt people hurt people and made a song out of it. I even used locations of the United States that exemplified that axiom. 


Special thanks to them for doing this interview, & I wish them nothing but luck in their music. So until then I'll catch you on The Flipside! Stay awesome & rock n roll! 

No comments:

Post a Comment