Thursday, November 26, 2020

DJ interviews: Last Kiss Goodnight

Hey everyone its your friendly neighborhood DJ Dizzy here & I had the pleasure of interviewing a band by the name of Last Kiss Goodnight who had so much to say on their musical beginnings.

How'd you get started in music?

   When I was 14years old my mom bought me my first electric guitar. I spent day and night learning the songs of all my favorite bands of that time (early 90’s). I think that was the catalyst for me to begin writing my own songs and material. To this day, I still believe my mom to be the main influence behind me wanting to be a rock musician/performer. 



Who are your inspirations or influences?

Well… My mom is definitely one. I would also have to say the people that I have worked with (musically) over the last twenty years have also played roll in capabilities and drive. Also, many years of listening to all types of music. From the rock bands of the 70’s all the way up to the grunge era and beyond. I would like to think that Freddie Mercury, David Bowie, Peter Gabriel, Peter Murphy and Scott Weiland have probably played the biggest influences on me, vocally. 


What advice would offer aspiring performers?

I would say…. Do what you love! And don’t be afraid to take risks. Paint outside your boundaries.


How do you set yourselves apart from other bands or singers?

I don’t set myself apart. I thrive to be involved with the world of music and entertainment. I think that once you start to set yourself apart from others in a specific genre the learning and growing process weakens. In order to stick out from others you must embrace them.  


Any new gigs or albums in the future?

New gigs are on the horizon for the spring/summer months. Keep checking in wit us at www.lastkissgoodnight.com for news and tour updates.  We are constantly writing! There is definitely new music on the horizon. But, our debut album “Immortal” just dropped on all streaming services. So, Last Kiss Goodnight is going to bathe in the glory of the release of “Immortal” for awhile before we release another album. But we will release more songs and albums in the future that are guaranteed to 
melt your minds!

Special thanks to them for doing this interview & I wish them lots of luck in their careers & success.
so until then I'll catch you on the flipside! Stay awesome & rock n roll!   

No comments:

Post a Comment