Tuesday, November 17, 2020

DJ Interviews:Tom Quick

Hey there folks, DJ Dizzy here & I had the pleasure of interviewing a singer by the name pf Thom Quick


How'd you get started in music?

Music really got started in me. I remember songs today I heard when I was only 3 years old and can hum them from start to finish because they were burned into my brain. In One Way or Another music is constantly in my head. Fortunately I like that.
 I started out playing drums and played in just a few bands when I was younger where I took an interest in guitar and eventually piano and got better over the years but still I'm at my best in the studio. Every one of my songs worldwide are all analog except for two... Beggarman and My Career.  Currently I have a crop of about 20 songs that I'm in the middle of mixing that of course need to be mastered that I need to get off my butt and finish. They will be all digital and hiss free


Who are your inspirations or influences?

Emerson Lake and Palmer mainly being a drummer  and loving classical rock and I wish I could sound like sometimes, but I don't and that's okay. I like the older bands such as any and all Beatles , Kansas, Jethro Tull, ELO, Styx,Yes and Foreigner, basically most all English bands with a little Alice Cooper and Chicago thrown in there  I am not into rap, but I did Like That Eminem song that I can't remember right now from a movie a while back, I think. I don't listen to any new music because I'm busy writing my own and I don't want to subconsciously steal something.


What advice would offer aspiring performers?

I am a one-man band and I do not perform in person anymore so I'm not a good one to ask about that. 

How do you set yourselves apart from other bands or singers? By not sounding like them nor any others that I'm aware of. I don't try to sound like someone when I write, I just write whatever comes out. The song usually tells me where to go and pretty much writes itself.
 If you think I sound like a certain band I would love to know who it is.

Any new gigs or albums in the future?
No, only putting out singles going forward and staying in the studio.

Special thanks to him for doing this interview & I wish him lots of luck in his music. So until then I'll catch you on The Flipside! Stay awesome & rock n roll!

No comments:

Post a Comment