Sunday, November 8, 2020

DJ Interviews: Neil Storme

Hello everyone DJ Dizzy here I just did an interview with another up & coming singer & I do this to introduce people to new bands & artists who want to share their music. So take the time to sit back, relax. Ladies & gentlemen Neil Storme!


How'd you get started in music?
Neil - I started as most kids do, there was always music in my house, my father was into music in a big way, I didn't know it at the time but he had been a musician himself. When I was seven or eight I was listening to Louis Armstrong and I really wanted to be able to play like him, fortunately I managed to get trumpet lessons at school ( which was a surprise to my parents as I hadn't told them ) and it took off from there. I persisted with brass playing through school and 3 years at music college. With all the bands I was in, ranging from brass bands to orchestras to acid jazz and soul, I was at one point playing upwards of 150 gigs a year. I picked the bass guitar up at college when I was 16, and have been trying to get my head round it ever since.

Who are your main inspirations or influences?

Neil - initially it was the music of my parents, so 60’s and 70’s guitar based stuff to soul and a touch of jazz and classical. It was only when I reached my teens that I started to branch out into modern rock and metal, Pantera were a big influence on me as well as White Zombie and Sepultura.

How would you say music has impacted your life?

Neil - Definitely, I've done things, seen places and met people I wouldn't have even known existed if I hadn't started. I'd probably be working in a factory now without it. It's also helped me as a coping mechanism when my father passed away, I find it to be an emotional release when things get on top of me.

What advice would you offer aspiring performers?

Neil - you don't have to be a Steve Vie or a John Petrucci to be a good musician, as long as you enjoy what you are doing and can convey that joy to your audience, you're doing it right.

Any new gigs or works in the future?    New Record coming soon   heres an unmixed cut https://soundcloud.com/nealstorme/frankie
Special thanks to Neil for his help in this interview

No comments:

Post a Comment