Thursday, November 12, 2020

DJ Interviews: Marco Colichio

Hey there one & all DJ Dizzy here & I recently sat down with Marco Colichio who had a lot to say regarding his upbringing in music 


1.
I was very interested in music as a child. My uncle played guitar at family festivals and sang Italian songs from the 50s. That fascinated me. As a teenager, my friend Ralf had guitar lessons and an electric guitar. He taught me the first riffs of Nirvana. Later, I was able to afford guitar lessons through a job during my school years and from then on I took it seriously.
2.
The first records I listened to as a kid at home were by John Denver, Shakin Stevens, John Lennon and Michael Jackson. In the 80's I loved Madonna and my first concert I visited was by the Scorpions. Before school, I watched MTV during breakfast and I just remember Björk and her song (Human Behavior), it was a blessing for me that MTV was there. For my walkman I had tapes by Bob Marley, R.E.M. and The Cure was awesome. The grunge times were mine and concert visits to Pearl Jam, Jamiroquai, Counting Crows and the Smashing Pumpkins were very impressive. While studying music, I've worked a lot with metal and jazz guitarists, but while listening to hip-hop from Arrested Development, I also got to know a lot of Spanish guitar music, for example. one of my favorites "Vicente Amigo".
I was influenced and inspired by the people "friends" in my environment through whom I met so much. So there's always a band playing the soundtrack of life, but the musical experiences you experience, who you make yourself are defining and decisive, whether you go on or not.
3.
Always learn from those who are better than you. Listen to your gut feeling and stay true to yourself. Making music is a natural need and has its justification at every level.
4.
I constantly produce songs at my house and then release them as a single. I am happy to make videos in the simplest way for YouTube.
There are regular appearances either as a solo artist with my songs as a singer-songwriter and relaxed improvised instrumental pieces with the looper. Or I perform with my friend Joachim as a guitar duo with Latin American music. There are always occasions when people come together to have a good time and I make the soundtrack.

Special thanks to him for this interview & I wish him luck in his music so until then I'll catch you on The Flipside! Stay awesome & rock n roll!

No comments:

Post a Comment