Friday, November 20, 2020

DJ Interviews: Ceasasr Did It

Hey there everyone DJ Dizzy here & I recently sat down with a band who call themselves Caesar Did It as they had a lot to say regarding their musical adventures.


How'd you get started in music?

Kane: Well, I remember when I was around 5/6 years old and my dad always used to play his Black Sabbath vinyls around the house, so I guess that was how I got into rock music.

Luke: I’ve been playing drums my whole life since my dad and brother are both drummers. However, a few years ago I picked up guitar and always wanted to play something other than drums live, which is how this band came about. It’s a kind of fantasy for me that’s finally come true. 

Elaina: I started learning the cello when I was around 7, and played in orchestras in my school. When I was 11 I got into Avril Lavigne, which introduced me to pop punk, and so on my 12th birthday I got an electric guitar and practised for hours and hours every day in my room. I started to learn the drums when I turned 15 and I picked it up really quickly and it soon became my favourite instrument to play.


Who are your inspirations or influences?

As far as our influences go Queens Of The Stone Age and Nirvana are very present when it comes to the way we like to write our music. Since we all idolise both bands they’re pretty much always going to be a big part of our sound. 


What advice would offer aspiring performers?

The best advice we can give to performers is to treat every gig like it’s your last. Having a great energy on stage will always set you apart from other bands, but obviously you need to have decent set of songs too. But that’ll come with time and experience. 


How do you set yourselves apart from other bands or singers?

We like to think we set ourselves apart from other bands by the way we like to do EVERYTHING ourselves, from recording/mixing to filming our own music videos. 
Another thing that comes to mind is the energy that we have when we play live. A lot of bands that we’ve seen don’t tend to damage their spines jumping around like it’s their last gig on earth, but we love to do that, it’s fun. 


Any new gigs or albums in the future

Depending on when this gets published we’re playing our next gig at Cafe Totem with the band Allusinlove on the 7th of February. After that we’ve not got anything booked but we’re doing a live session and another photo shoot so we’re keeping busy. 

We’re currently in the process of writing and recording our debut album in which two singles have already been released. “Find Your Love” and “How Sweet” are available pretty much everywhere and hopefully everything will be recorded and released by the end of this year.


Special thanks to them for doing this interview & best of luck in their careets! So until then I'll catch you on the flipside! Stay awesome & rock n roll!

No comments:

Post a Comment