Wednesday, November 4, 2020

DJ Interviews: Tanya Barany

Hello everyone its your old friend DJ Dizzy here & I sat down with a singer by the name of Tanya Barany who had a lot to say regarding her success & her music so sit back, relax & enjoy!

How'd you get started in music?
I always knew that I wanted to be a musician. I started to sing and perform when I was a kid. In my early teens I accompanied myself with the guitar and formed an All-Girl-Rock band. I was the lead singer, lead guitarist and songwriter. We released the first EP with our own songs when I was 15 y/o. That was great fun!
Since then I've been playing in various bands. During my studies in Zurich I met loads of inspiring musicians, such as my band fellows!
A few years ago I discovered the art of producing which changed my style of songwriting completely. The result is the "Tanya Barany Dark Pop" sound which you can now listen to! 

Who are your inspirations or influences?
As a kid/teenager I loved listening to Nirvana, Pearl Jam - you know, all those Grunge bands. Deep down inside, my heart still beats for that kind of music. Nowadays Radiohead, James Blake, SOHN, London Grammer, Björk, Portishead, Thom Yorke, Atoms For Peace, Nine Inch Nails, Daughter, Klangstof, etc. inspire me a lot. There are also fantastic artists in Switzerland who I admire, e.g. Evelinn Trouble - she's kick-ass! The list could go on for ever really... :)

What advice would offer aspiring performers?
Be kind to all kinds of beings and to yourself. Be patient, be persistent, be passionate! 

How do you set yourselves apart from other bands or singers?
Well, first of all I'm not only a singer, I'm also a guitarist, a songwriter, a lyricist, a producer and sometimes even a piano player.
I know it sounds cheesy, but I really think that my music is very authentic - everything I play and sing just sounds like Tanya Barany: dark-delicate with a touch of raw-roughness. It feels as if I found my niche without ever having to look for it. I just love creating a musical world with a note of bitter-sweetness.
Something that might set myself apart from other singers is that I have a deeper singing voice than most women. You should hear me sing first thing in the morning, haha.

Any new gigs or albums in the future?
Yes, my debut album "Lights Disappear" will be released on the 8th March 2019 - really looking forward to that! You can already listen to (and buy) my single "Lights Disappear" on iTunes, Google Play Youtube, Spotify etc. There are also quite a few tour dates coming up for 2019. So don't forget to check my homepage: www.tanyabarany.ch


Special thanks to her for the interview & I wish her nothing but luck in her music career. Well that's going to do it for me & until next time I'll catch you on the flipside. Stay awesome & rock on!

No comments:

Post a Comment