Thursday, February 29, 2024

DJ Interviews: 12 Degrees of Saturation

 Hey there folks, DJ Dizzy here & this is my interview with the band 12 Degrees Of Saturation

How'd you get started in music?

I've always had a great interest in music since I was a little kid. When I was a teenager, I got a guitar and had a teacher for about 3 months that taught me the basic chords and - the most important - how to learn songs by ear… I became self-taught and that’s how I started to play guitar.

I had a few rock/metal bands along the way (one of these bands - with college buddies - still active… occasionally we play in some bars and small events).

But it was only during the pandemic, in 2020, that the instrumental hard rock and heavy metal autoral project (a one man's band) "12 Degrees of Saturation” came to life. The first album was composed, recorded, mixed, mastered and released in this very same year, and until now, “12 Degrees of Saturation” has released 2 albums and 4 EPs in total.


Who are your inspirations or influences?

I grew up listening to hard rock and heavy metal bands and artists, and maybe different from the majority, I've always transit very well between hard rock/glam and extreme metal… hahahaha… and maybe that’s why my influences are very different and wide-ranged, from Ratt, Poison, Kiss, to King Diamond, Helloween, Exodus, Anthrax, Sepultura, not forgetting the guitar magicians like Joe Satriani, Paul Gilbert, Pete Thorn, Vivian Campbell and so on (always inspirations to me even though I do not have a shredder profile).


What advice would you offer aspiring performers?

Build a balance between technique and emotion (it may seem very obvious, but it's not an easy thing to do) and add your personal touch to your songs and playing. Even if your music is extremely niche, your personality is what will make people notice and connect with you.


How do you set yourselves apart from other bands or singers?

In a time where nobody has more patience for anything, the “12 Degrees of Saturation” songs are made short (most of them between 1’30” and 2’20” long), but with a solid structure for easy listening.

This happened by accident during the first compositions sessions, and I realized that worked very well, so it became a differential, a “signature” for my sound.


Any new gigs or albums in the future?

Lots of news coming soon.

I already have, in rough mix step, approximately 8 songs for a new album. My intention is to release it at the end of the 1st semester (trying to work fast here to make it happen). And since the last EPs were focused on heavy metal sounds, this new album might bring a more hard rock approach. Hope you dig it!

2 comments: