Tuesday, February 27, 2024

DJ Intervirews: LYHE

 Here's my interview with  pianist, LYHE who shared their musical origins


How'd you get started in music?


i started playing music at the age of 25 with the mao and the use of samples. i quickly turned to a small master piano. but i knew nothing about notes and harmony. but the pleasure of creating my own sounds was great. one thing leading to another, i started playing the piano, working for hours on end and leaving nothing undone. i then took piano lessons, where i learned a lot about harmony. a few years later, i took a musical training course that enabled me to obtain a piano teacher's diploma.

Who are your inspirations or influences?


my influences are quite varied. they range from reggae, dub, pop rock, electro, ambient, downtempo, lo-fi and solo piano. i make music on inspiration. i'm very open in my compositions. i like to bring out the emotional side of music.

What advice would you offer aspiring performers?


the best advice i can give is to work and work some more. whether it's your instrument or it's compositions. it's in failure that we learn the most. never give up.

How do you set yourselves apart from other bands or singers?


I don't know if I stand out from other artists, but it's clear that the emotional side of my music is really important to me. 

Any new gigs or albums in the future?


I am currently finishing a Pop Rock EP in collaboration with an English friend Duncan Butler who writes the lyrics and sings on my compositions.
I'm also on Lo-Fi piano album.

No comments:

Post a Comment