Tuesday, February 20, 2024

DJ Interviews Conscience of Kings

 Hey there one & all its your old pal DJ Dizzy & I'e had the pleasure of interviewing the band Conscience of Kings  who sat down with me to speak on their musicial upbringing



How'd you get started in music?


Started at my local youth club at 15 and progressed from there. First proper gig at 17. First TV appearance at 22 signed my first contract at 23. Went on to sign with a further two different independent labels releasing Singles, EPS & two albums. 



Who are your inspirations or influences?


Took a massive influence from the late 70s new wave Boomtown Rats, Buzzcocks, Police, 80s indie bands  Icicle Works, Teardrop Explodes , The Alarm through to the 90s Brit-pop explosion.

Listening in the 00s to Athlete, Courteeners , Artic Monkeys and still listening to all these great artists now. And enjoy today’s modern music as every era draws from every decade. 



What advice would you offer aspiring performers?


If you’re serious throw everything at it when you are young when you have no financial commitments. 

Work hard to improve yourself and be your biggest critic. Labels want to  sign the young, inspiring and so they should they are the future.

I’m in my fifty’s now but if I’m being honest i hear a lot of squawk on twitter about how good this band are and that artist but you really need to be exceptional to make head way. 


How do you set yourselves apart from other bands or singers?


These days I not sure I really care about setting  myself apart. I’m now doing it for myself to be creative without any restrictions. The idea of the projects I’m involved in are more collaborative songwriting based. I’m working with people from around the globe from London, Denmark to America. 


Any new gigs or albums in the future?


Conscience of Kings project are releasing a new EP on all major streaming services 27th March entitled Don’t Come For Me Unless I Send  For You. It features Nat Daniels a amazing vocalist from London  that as collaborated with us on four tracks. 

As far as live performances it’s not something I do anymore. I work remotely so it’s out the question. 

No comments:

Post a Comment