Sunday, June 13, 2021

DJ Interviews: House Of Seb

 

How'd you get started in music?


Hello, I’m House Of Seb, French Electronic and House Music Producer located in south of France. My music journey started at a very young age, end of 80s, at the early beginning of the House Music & New Beat that we could hear in famous Belgium Clubs. At this period I started with a small computer to produce piece of electronic music, loops, that I used when I Djing with friends during small parties. Then due to other priorities in my life, I put the music production on the side, to come back in 2020 during the first covid lockdown. I invest in hardware, software, and I start to think about a first song to distribute that I named « Departure » as my start in the music production. 


Who are your inspirations or influences?


Clearly the House Music have always been inside me, and even if my initial immersion was in House Music Belgium Club, I have a big feeling with Chicago House Music style where I took my inspiration. Frankie Knuckles,Mike Dunn,Jamie Principle, are the main artists that I listened in loop during a decade, and still today as references. 


What advice would offer aspiring performers?


To produce, produce, produce…read, read, read music books, and learn, learn, learn without moderation.

 Indeed, it’s hard to immediately produce good music. And it’s worst to finish a track as you are never satisfied of yourself during the production/mixing/mastering phase. There is always knob to tweak or EQ Adjustment that can change the picture of your song. Also 1) produce a lot to progress even if you are not 100% satisfied 2) read a lot to know about the music theory and business marketing 3) learn a lot following video tutorials to quickly understand best practices and stay up to date. 


How do you set yourselves apart from other bands or singers?


I would say that I produce music I love. I built my own style, my universe, my own sound signature in the house music genre. As Electronic music exists since decades, and due to the big number of existing Bedroom producers,  it’s more and more difficult to differentiate. I’d say that the only one persons who can decide about where I am categorized are my listeners and fans. And you how would you set myself in the electronic music production ? :-)


Any new gigs or albums in the future?


As you can see in my discography, I tried to build a thematic approach for my music. As mentioned earlier, « Departure » is like a start for me in music production. I decided then to produce tracks linked with the four universe fundamental elements. I created « WARM » to represent the fire, « World » to represent the earth, and « Deep Breath » to represent the air.. I have still to think about the last element representing the water to have the complete picture. 

The 30th April I released my latest song « Come On » which is a dance music track associating impressive vocals with funky bass and House Saxophone. With that track I wanted to prepare everybody to the summer and holidays, providing them freedom due to our current Covid Lockdown Environment. I have also melodies in mind and ideas to produce a Techno-House track in a near future. 


I take the opportunity of this interview to Thank you very much all people following and listening my music. It encourages me to pursue and provide good contents . Let’s stay connected and Take care of you !. House Of Seb

No comments:

Post a Comment