Sunday, June 27, 2021

DJ Interviews: Haley Conner

 1)

I’ve written poetry & raps since middle school. It’s always been my main avenue of expression. I’d always write raps to remember study material or share with my closest friends. As I entered high school I fell more in love with spoken word poetry. It was the day I transformed a poem of mine into a song that I started making music. I haven’t looked back since! It is therapy to me now. 

2)
Several influences of mine include Hopsin, 50 cent, Lil Wayne, and Macklemore. Each of them have a unique penmanship & style that has always inspired me. 

3) 
My advice to any aspiring performer would be to always do a sound check before your set, make sure your vocals are quieted so that your track doesn’t override your live voice, remember that the closer the mic is to your mouth the less feedback, and the better the breath control, the better the performance. 

4) 
I set myself apart by embracing my own unique sound. 

5)
I plan on releasing single‘s for the summer season then putting together either my second EP, or very first album. I have a new single “Jack and Jill” dropping this weekend on all streaming platforms! Artist Profile name “HaleyC” 

No comments:

Post a Comment