Saturday, June 26, 2021

DJ Interviews: EZOlK (Easy All K)




How'd you get started in music?
When I was 6 my parents enrolled me in the music conservatory in my city. 
I admit that at the beginning I did not go there with a good heart. 
My teachers weren't very pedagogical, but one day I came across a score by Dave Brubeck "Blue Rondo à la Turk." You can call it a revelation.

Who are your inspirations or influences?
My inspirations are multiple and not necessarily in adequacy with my music.
I like Jazz-Rock, for example "Los Lobotomys", "UZEB", "Miles Davis" and "Steve Lukather" but also AOR, "Toto", "Journey".
Today I feel very close to "Grandbrothers" with their Piano / Electro music.
What advice would offer aspiring performers?

What advice would offer aspiring performers?
Staying yourself, musical identity is essential.
And work on your instrument.

How do you set yourselves apart from other bands or singers?
I am often against the grain. I feel more like a composer/producer, 
I can leave the show to the frontman. 
I like to be alone at night and to play the Piano.

Any new gigs or albums in the future?
An album is coming out very soon, at the end of May beginning of June 2021. 
It will be called "IV U", it will be necessary to read FOR YOU.
It will be an album in the same vein as my previous EP "Vain Energy".
I have a Pop-Rock project which should see the light of day in September 2021. I compose a lot, all the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment