Saturday, June 19, 2021

DJ Interviews: Fallen Piipl

 


How'd you get started in music?

 

Some friends introduced me to the likes of Metallica and Iron Maiden. I heard it and thought “I want to do that!”. I then went to concerts and was hooked on the dream of playing music to people. I started on guitar and then moved to bass when a band I was friends with had their bass player quit and needed someone to fill in at short notice.

 

Who are your inspirations or influences?

 

I don’t go out of my way to sound or be like anything or anyone. We are all influenced by everything we hear – things we like and dislike.

I leave it to others to comment on what they think my stuff sounds similar to.

 

Artists I love that have inspired me and made my ears happy:

The Angels

Metallica

Iron Maiden

Red Hot Chilli Peppers

Stone Temple Pilots

Beatles

David Bowie

Janelle Monae

 

What advice would offer aspiring performers?

 

Practice often and work hard at everything you do – your craft and musicianship as well as your networking, marketing and business aspects.

 

Stick at it. Persistence pays off.

 

Diversify what you listen to and what you practice. Look outside of your preferred genre. When we are out of our comfort zones is when we grow.

 

How do you set yourselves apart from other bands or singers?

 

I don’t go out of my way to be the same or different to anyone else. My influences and experiences make me unique, but everyone trying to make it is working hard at the same things – music, socials, networking, marketing, gigging and so on.

 

 

Any new gigs or albums in the future?

 

Nothing in the works at present for Fallen Piipl, but I am in another band called MonkeyMan that has an album coming out in the next few months. 

No comments:

Post a Comment