Sunday, December 11, 2022

DJ Interviews: Jeff Soule

 Here's my interview with singer, Jeff Soule



How'd you get started in music?

Growing up, my grandfather was a guitarist for the Green Valley Jamboree on the Rem Wall Show. I started learning to play guitar when I was 11, and have been learning ever since.
I've been in a few bands that made a small name for themselves and currently am collaborating with other musicians to bring more great music into our world.

Who are your inspirations or influences?

I listen to a wide variety of music, smooth jazz to heavy metal to bluegrass and Americana. Peter White, Dave Mustaine and Steve Kaufman are my biggest influences I would say.

What advice would you offer aspiring performers?

Practice, practice, practice! And don't get caught up in comparing yourself to others. That can lead to negative mental issues. We all have something we can do well that others can't do.

How do you set yourselves apart from other bands or singers?

I have always just tried to be original. Being original and true to yourself will always set you apart from others.

Any new gigs or albums in the future?

I hope to do shows in the future, I love playing out, but I have no plans for that yet.

I am working on a new album right now that I hope to release in 2023.

No comments:

Post a Comment