Tuesday, December 6, 2022

DJ Interviews: Cabela & Schmitt

 Heres my interview with band, Cabela & Schmitt


Here are the questions

 

How'd you get started in music?

I think I started messing with a piano at a very early age…like before a child even has the ability to have memories.  I remember trying to play nursery rhyme melodies on an old upright piano.

 

Who are your inspirations or influences?

I had a cousin who played guitar and he was really amazing I thought.  He was visiting our house one time, we were probably 13 or 14 years old, and he played me a riff from Grand Funk Railroad on his guitar and it changed my life.  I knew then I was going to do everything I could to learn the instrument.

 

What advice would you offer aspiring performers?

Don’t ever stop experimenting.  Ideas, instruments, music genres, your own skills…everything.  You don’t want to ever get stuck in one place, just like everything else in life.

 

How do you set yourselves apart from other bands or singers?

I never think about this all that much.  If you try to be different, it could totally crimp your creativity.  I think you do your thing and let the listeners decide if you deserve a place set apart from other groups. 

 

Any new gigs or albums in the future?

New music is always in the pipeline…stay tuned!!  Thank you and God Bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment