Friday, December 16, 2022

DJ Interviews Ed Mahalik

 Heres my interview with musician Ed Mahalik


As a kid I took guitar lessons but my friends were playing football so I quit the guitar and joined the football team. A few years later I joined the marching band as a bass drummer but again quit to play sports. I had an old Gibson Firebird that was a gift from my uncle that I took with me when I moved to Los Angeles to pursue a career in film. My neighbor taught me the Blues scale and I practice it and make up little riffs for relaxation. I'm not a musician but I do write songs and make music videos. 

My influences are more in the film world but when it comes to music I will say Black Sabbath, Jimi Hendrix, Pink Floyd, Aerosmith and Kiss.

My advice for aspiring performer's is to do your thing but be open to collaborations and or advice from other artists. 

I set myself apart by listening to or watching other's work and learn what works and doesn't work to use in my own creations.

In the near future I plan to release an experimental short film that has elements of a music video. Myself, John Liverani and Trey Sucillo wrote the lyrics for the main song that the film is built around. The music is by Honey Bone Rush featuring Trey Sucillo of Sin Seer and Adam Hyman. It is a live action boxing film called "Tough Man."

No comments:

Post a Comment