Sunday, July 4, 2021

DJ Interviews: EMario McInnis

Here's my interview with Mario Mcinnis 


How'd you get started in music?


I would always listen to music growing up. I played the saxophone from middle school all the way through college. Rapping I really fell in love with artist like DMX Tupac (gangsta rap) from hanging around my older cousins in New Jersey and New York. I got started by just dabbling in the home made studio until I honed in on my own style and skill set


Who are your inspirations or influences?


Inspirations wow that’s a huge list. Everyone from almost every genre from your Kanye’s to your Travis Tritt. 


What advice would offer aspiring performers?


Keep grinding and do you!! Not everyone is going to like what you do or the music you make. At the end of the day everyone has different taste in music, as long as it portrays your vision. 


How do you set yourselves apart from other bands or singers?


I go off what I know no exaggeration. I make my music the way I would want to hear it. If I wouldn’t listen to it then it’s probably not in my catalog. 


Any new gigs or albums in the future?


I have a few Lp’s in the works. My goal is to drop a new single every Friday. In August I’m dropping an LP every Friday. “Yeah We Been Working” will be up first followed by  “The ComeBack” then “Carolina Mud” wrapping up with “Level Up”



Special thanks to him for this interview & I wish him luck in his music, so till then I'll catch you on The Flipside! Stay awesome & rock n roll!

No comments:

Post a Comment