Tuesday, July 13, 2021

DJ Interviews: Nathalie Miranda

 


How'd you get started in music?
Music has always been part of my life in some way or another. My mum used to play a wide collection of music around the house when I was little and I guess I've just grown up with it. I always loved singing but never sang in public until I was 15! I was really shy and so it took a lot of guts to get out there and make that first move. But it all went well and the rest is history!
I made my first demo when I was 16 and basically have never stopped!

Who are your inspirations or influences?
Freddie Mercury is my number one inspiration. He is the ultimate vocalist, performer and songwriter. I'm also inspired by artists like Christina Aguilera, Whitney Houston, Cher, George Michael...too many to mention. But I feel like they've all influenced me in some way and my own sound and style is like a mixture of all those artists I love.


What advice would offer aspiring performers?
Be confident in your vision and your goals. And never give up.

How do you set yourselves apart from other bands or singers?
I have a really different voice, and the music that I like to make is what you might describe as niche, because it's inspired by the 70s, 80s era. And yes, that has probably made it harder for me but I'm passionate about the music that I make and I won't compromise my style or beliefs just to be mainstream.

Any new gigs or albums in the future?
You can find details of my online gigs on my website, www.nathaliemiranda.com
They are mostly online at the moment but I'm hoping to book some real life gigs very soon!
I hope to release two more singles this year plus a few cover songs, so yes, lots happening!

No comments:

Post a Comment