Tuesday, July 27, 2021

DJ Interviews: Stephen Fowler

 


 

How'd you get started in music?

From a very early age I loved listening to music. My Dad was a musician and played The Hammond Organ in Northern Clubs and Pantomime in the 60’s. I thought I want to do that. When I was old enough, I taught myself the guitar and started a band in the early 70’s. I played in a few clubs around Surrey and Hampshire but mainly in Pubs.

 

Who are your inspirations or influences?

My hero’s are 60’s pop bands I particularly like Ray Davies, his songs were very English. The style of music I love is melodic rock, guitar based so intricate work like Wishbone Ash I hold dear. But Bands such as The Groundhogs, Peter Green’s Fleetwood Mac and Cream.

 

What advice would offer aspiring performers?

Don’t give up, follow your dream and don’t listen to the negative people who say you can’t do that.

 

How do you set yourselves apart from other bands or singers?

I write songs and tunes that I like to hear. I listen to a lot of bands and singers these days and they sound very similar to me. I want to be different and strive to be unique and  individual, like if you hear a Queen track you just know it’s Queen. That’s my aim.

Any new gigs or albums in the future?

I have just finished an album ‘Hogwish’ and now making a few videos to release on YouTube. I will probably release the album on Bandcamp later in the year. I’m always working on new material. At present I’m developing an instrumental album, and re-working an album I recorded over a year ago with the intent of releasing a shortened version EP.

No comments:

Post a Comment