Saturday, July 17, 2021

DJ Interviews: on4ir4m


How'd you get started in music?

I started with music like many people I guess, like at 13 years of age, curiosity, classmates and gathered to listen to music, mom's guitar at home, a bass player was needed for a band and it happened, images and sounds come to my mind, Come together by the Beatles and Never tear us apart by INXS, that moment of starting in a band is unforgettable.

 

 

Who are your inspirations or influences?

 

I love a variety of genres, my teens was marked by the rock of the 80s such as Queen, The Police, Pink Floyd, Def Leppard, Bowie, Prince, and classics like Beatles, Rolling Stones, 90s hard rock bands and pop, I am quite eclectic and curious with other genres I adore Bjork, Non-mainstream artists like Nitin Sawhney, Imogen Heap, Fluke in electronic, what they're currently doing on synthwave like The Midnight, Gunship, Electric Youth, I could spend days naming you cool artists! It is beautiful to discover new textures recently it was a shock to discover Dirty Loops a Swedish band that sounds incredible to me!

 

 

What advice would offer aspiring performers?

 

Music changes the way you perceive life, it does not matter if it is in a gig or sitting on the porch of your house with a guitar in your hands, it is a connection, a learning of oneself that emerges as music, do not lose that connection, no matter what instrument it is or for who it is, music always comes from within you.

 

 

How do you set yourselves apart from other bands or singers?

 

Well, I try to be true to myself, I let myself be carried away by what comes to me, I believe that my songs reflect a mix of musical genres and at this stage I am discovering myself as a lyricist, producer, singer, I like songs to tell a story Personally, I believe that songs are like a message in a bottle, it is to throw it into the water one day it will reach someone and that moment makes you very happy, no matter what meaning the message has for that person, the important thing is that you arrived.

 

 

Any new gigs or albums in the future?

 

My goal at present is to release singles month by month, do some colabs too, it is difficult it takes me a long time to feel that a song is ready from beginning to end and adding roles such as mixing and producing and promoting in socials is not easy, I would love to be able to do gigs In the future I still have nothing planned, I would like to do something different, from something intimate acoustic to something that adds the visual to the music, let's let things flow :)

No comments:

Post a Comment