Sunday, June 12, 2022

DJ Interviews: Aldo Rox

 Hey there all here's my interview with Micky V of the band Aldo Rox

How'd you get started in music?

I was 17 and met a friend with similar interests, music, skating, etc.  I went over to his house and he showed me an electric guitar his older brother had just left him before moving out
I had never seen one up close, it was amazing and I was instantly obsessed with it and immediately bought a guitar, amp , drum machine and began learning it like a mad possessed scientist!

Who are your inspirations or influences?

I love all genres of music but my love of guitar and techno/alternative  led me to Rammstein, NIN, Sisters of Mercy.  As well as Ramones, Sex Pistols, Clash, Depeche Mode. As for producing and songwriting I follow Eric Valentine, and Jack Arnoff.  Anything Punk and Skaterock too!!


What advice would you offer aspiring performers?

Learn an instrument, bass, guitar or synth.  It's easy and you'll start making music almost immediately as you grow.  Make mistakes, learn from them and always be respectable to others in and out of your band. 

How do you set yourselves apart from other bands or singers?

Writing 100's of original songs, it just ends up being unique, good or bad it ends up sounding like us. Keeping it simple like punk, but with a little of pop makes it a bit more accessible to new ears.  Break the rules and don't be afraid of expressing yourself no matter how weird!

Any new gigs or albums in the future?

I belong to several platforms that keep me busy doing Voice Acting and writing melodies or complete songs for a variety of purposes.  From animation, commercials, collaborations, etc. In between I'm able to squeeze out a song here and there.  We hope to do more Aldo Rox projects in the near future then a few shows!!

Special thanks to him for this interview & I wish him lots of luck in his music. So until then I'l catch you on The Flipside! Stay awesome & rock n roll!

No comments:

Post a Comment