Friday, May 13, 2022

DJ Interviews: Highfront

 Hey there one & all this is DJ Dizzy & its my pleasure to introduce you to a band hailing from Canada who answer to the name High front who spoke on their musical origins you can check out their stuff via the links below.


How'd you get started in music?

Adam: It started for me in high school. My friends and I formed Centor / Cryptic Stench and we played any gig we could get.

Corey: Got started in music because I grew up in a strong musically family. There’s was always music playing or being played and it inspired me to play.

Jason: Same for me, There was always music playing in the house. My dad played a little guitar here and there and I always admired that.

Who are your inspirations or influences?

Adam: Bands like Metallica, Pantera, Alice In Chains, Black Sabbath and AC/DC are an inspiration and some influences also come from the band Down, Dimebag Darrel and Chad Gray from Mudvayne. Dr Hook and The Medicine Show, JJ Cale and Lynyrd Skynyrd.

Jason: KISS were my biggest inspiration growing up. Later on it was other bands with massive stage presence like Motley Crüe, W.A.S.P. and RATT. Really anybody with an “over the top” aura about them. Once the San Francisco Thrash scene exploded, I was hooked. I couldn’t get enough of it!

Corey: My influences without question are John Bonham and Dave Grohl.

What advice would you offer aspiring performers?

Adam: Keep going if you’re doing it for the right reasons, which for us is the love of music. Play and create your art for people to like or hate, make’em feel something.

Jason: Be true to yourself. You do you. If you like it, who cares what other people think. That’s all that matters. If you enjoy what you're doing, others will come around.

Corey: Advice I would give other musicians is don't dance on stage, lol , just play your craft.

How do you set yourselves apart from other bands?

Jason: I think right now what sets us apart is that all three of us have different musical tastes. We’re blending the different styles together and we hope it gives us a sound that helps us connect with people who enjoy what we do as much as we do.

Adam: To connect with an audience is important. I don’t think a musician or band can say they’re better than others.

Any new gigs or albums in the future?

Adam: We are hungry and dying to hit the stage. Currently working on lining up shows for the summer. We’ll play anywhere, small stage, big stage, no stage for the right reasons.

Jason: And we have a bunch of new material written and are just waiting to get into the studio.

No comments:

Post a Comment