Tuesday, May 31, 2022

DJ Interviews: Cranberry Suit

 Hey there everyone DJ Dizzy here & this is my interview with band Cranberry Suit

How'd you get started in music?

I've always loved music. My mother raised me on Elton John, James Taylor, and the like. I had Queen news of the world album in 4th grade along with 45's of E. L. O. The beatles etc.  When i was around 11 i got a tape of Bad Co. And when i heard the song Bad Co. I knew thats what i wanted to do. I started singing for bands in high school and the rest is history.

Who are your inspirations or influences?

I would say Paul Rodgers and Rob Halford were my earliest influences to want to emulate. I also got a lot of inspiration from a dude named Russ Taff an amazing christian /gospel artist. Also Marvin Gaye, Otis Redding, Al Green, Dave Pack ( Ambrosia) and quite a few others all played a part.

What advice would you offer aspiring performers?

Don't try and be something you're not. Don't try and follow trends just be yourself and work to perfect your craft. Spend time on it and most important you have to be hungry..

How do you set yourselves apart from other bands or singers?

By not in any way letting Trends influence your musical decision making. For me i have a soulful old school vocal vibe and i just roll with it. It just comes natural. If you have to over think songwriting or singing it shows and in almost all cases it won't turn out good. It has to come easy thats how you know you've found yourself in the musical style.. 

Any new gigs or albums in the future?

We just finished up 5 new tunes a year in the making. We recorded at salt mine studio oasis in Tempe Az. Those will be released as singles gradually starting with Into Loving You in July along with a world premier of our first music video of the same song. 

No comments:

Post a Comment