Saturday, April 23, 2022

DJ Interviews: JMPinker

 Here's my interview with singer JM Pinker who shared his musical upbringing


How'd you get started in music?

I started in high school with my friends. We had a band at that time but since I was a kid I was surrounded by music, my father played the harmonica and guitar. My brother plays the guitar as well and he was part of a Chorus. Since then I had a curiosity about music. I started with the guitar, then the keyboards, bass, etc.

Who are your inspirations or influences?
I have to say that all 80´s rock stars but my main influence will be Pink Floyd. For example, my musician name JMPinker, I got it several years ago when I was working as a radio DJ. At that time it was normal to have a nickname for that job so my partner called me PINKER because of my love for Pink Floyd.

What advice would you offer aspiring performers?
Just follow your dreams, everything can be real if you put all your effort into it. Nothing it's easy, it's a constant fight if you want to get success and it's not like a magic word, it takes time. Take it as a game that you enjoy and not a job that you have the obligation to do.

How do you set yourselves apart from other bands or singers?
That is something I never thought about. I just do record and produce. I think in the end it´s the passion but that will be selfish (thinking that others do not do it with a passion) so I rather don´t express more than this.

Any new gigs or albums in the future
Yes but right now I have so little time for music because of my principal job, but I´m so anxious to make more soon. I hope it doesn´t take so much time.

No comments:

Post a Comment