Friday, February 4, 2022

DJ Interviews: This side of Anarchy

 Here's my interview with Dennis Reed of This Side Of Anarchy


How'd you get started in music?

I think I was born into music, My parents were always playing music on the radio and vinyl records and they told me that I would sing the Beatles Song, She Love you - the Yeah Yeah Yeah part while holding my toy guitar when I was two. I played sax for a bit in 6th grade and then began the guitar in 9th. I always wanted to learn to play the songs l liked on the radio and bought on vinyl. I was also an introvert and really shy and thought it would get me out there more and maybe help make some friends.

 

Who are your inspirations or influences?
What usually inspires me Is the stupid stuff I hear or read on the news. Society is so messed up and it gives me so much fodder for lyrics. My influences are way too many as I like so many kinds of music, I began with 60s and 70s Rock and then 80s Metal and then punk. Also like some Classical, Big Band, Blues, Jazz, etc.  70s Bands like AC/DC, Rush, Led Zeppelin and many more. 80s bands like Judas Priest, Iron Maiden, Metallica, Anthrax and many more. Then got in to punk bands like Circle Jerks, Dead Kenney's, Black Flag, and many more.

 

What advice would you offer aspiring performers?
Keep at it. Find your way, not someone elses, What works for others may not work for you. Take parts from everyone, the parts that work for you and make it your own.

 

How do you set yourselves apart from other bands or singers?
What sets me apart right now is I am currently a one man band and there aren't many in my genre. I have always had the DIY (do it yourself) attitude, ever since I was young. Never liked others doing things for me, always liked doing it myself. So I do all aspects of my project from recording all the way to the CD production and getting it ready to send it to the streaming services.

 

Any new gigs or albums in the future

I just released my 3rd full length album and already working on 6 more for the next with more on the way since I seem to be on a creative surge. You can find all my music, about me, all my social media links and everything else on my website https://www.thissideofanarchy.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment