Wednesday, February 9, 2022

DJ Interviews: George Finzio

 Here's my interview with George Finzio


How'd you get started in music?

I first remember listening to Lou Chistie as a kid. I quickly latched on to the early works of the Beach Boys, The Monkees, Beatles, The Cream, many bands snd artists after that from classical, progressive rock. Also listened and like many stand up singers in the 70s


Who are your inspirations or influences?
There were many from classical Franz Listz, Frederick Chopin. Pop music The Beach Boys. Monkees, The Beatles, Moody Blues, The Zombies.Billy Joel. The Doors.
Progressive Rock Artists, Argent, ELP, Keith Emerson, Yes to name a few.
Male Stand up singers Julio Inglesis, Englert Humperdink  Tom Jones.i studied mush of their music and learned from all of them.Tried to take the best of their best and incorporate it into what I did.

What advice would you offer aspiring performers?

It's a very hard business, with many disappointments, heartbreaks, and setbacks. It won't be easy, but if it's your passion and you'd be unhappy without music being a big part of your life then go for it as hard and as best you can.

How do you set yourselves apart from other bands or singers?
Tho I've been influences by many talented artists. I try to incorporate the best of their best and integrate it into my style, and my musical signature.

Any new gigs or albums in the future

A whole bunch of new songs I've written. That'll take a lot of work to record and produce.

I've felt blessed with much radio airplay which I'm grateful for. I'll work hard to try to honor the ears of those that take the time to listen! A huge thx to all those Who play, listen, and enjoy my music! You're all helping make this dream come true!


1 comment:

  1. Thanks so much for the interview request @ DizzyStorms! Most Appreciated! Cheers my wonderful friend!

    ReplyDelete