Saturday, February 12, 2022

DJ Interviews: Maddison Mueller

 Here's my interview with singer Maddison Mueller 



1. I got started in music when I was young. I started playing piano at the age of 6, and from then on I kept finding things that would challenge me and make me want to keep creating. I ended up starting to write music seriously at the age of about 13, and then released my first song three years later. 

2. I have many inspirations, and they constantly change - which I think is important to keep your sound fresh and to allow for new ideas. I’ve always been a big classic rock fan, but some of the more modern artists that I’m into include: Ben Howard, Dermot Kennedy, Maggie Rogers, Bon Iver, Sam Fender etc. There’s too many to name! 

3. I would advice aspiring performers to learn how to find a balance between what you love about your art, and also how that art is going to push you forward. It’s something I’m still trying to find a balance for, and it takes a lot of work to figure it out! It’s so important to try and keep yourself challenged; surrounding yourself with people that are able to propel you forward, and people that are willing to ask you the hard questions is a great place to start - even if that person is yourself! 

4. I think something that sets me a part from others is my ability to feel comfortable working with others, and reaching out when I can’t do something myself. I’m not able to do everything on my own quite yet, and I’d like to thinking I’m working towards that. However, I’m not afraid to be around other artists and individuals that can give me more perspective on where to go next. I think of the music industry as a community as much as possible, and I would like to keep it that way for others entering it as well! 

5. I’m planning to release a new single in the spring, and hopefully a music video for that as well not long after. Currently writing lots, and amping up for a great year hopefully! 

No comments:

Post a Comment