Monday, January 31, 2022

DJ Interviews Sofa City Sweetheart,

 Here's my interview with the band Sofa City Sweetheart.


How'd you get started in music?

I started playing trumpet in 6th grade band. I wanted to play drums at first, but somehow ended up playing trumpet for around 15+ years or so! Also, my dad is a musician and my siblings played instruments too, so music was often around me as a kid.

Who are your inspirations or influences?
I studied music history, so I appreciate great songwriters/composers from any era, but I'm partial to 60s & 70s pop/rock. My favorites are probably The Kinks and The Beach Boys, plus 90s/00s alternative and indie rock!

What advice would you offer aspiring performers?
Listen to and study as much music as you can, especially stuff that has endured the test of time. There are amazing songs from every decade, in many genres and styles, you just have to find them. Let them inspire and guide you.

How do you set yourselves apart from other bands or singers?
Apart from being a multi-instrumentalist and producer/engineer, I'd like to think I have a unique songwriting voice. There aren't many people writing the same style of songs I do these days. Also people tend to like my voice, which can sound unique (hopefully in a good way!)

Any new gigs or albums in the future?
Gigs have halted since COVID times, but hopefully will pick back up this year. And I've started planning a new album, but will be releasing some singles and covers before that. Keep in touch with me on sofacitysweetheart.com to get the scoop!
-


-Juan

Special thanks to them for this interview & I wish them lick in their music. So until then I'll catch you on The Flipside! Stay awesome & rock n roll!

No comments:

Post a Comment