Sunday, January 23, 2022

DJ Interviews Caraline Sweet

 Here's my interview with singer Caraline Sweet




How'd you get started in music?

I always loved music and singing! As a kid I’d always sing along to movies or to the radio, and always looked forward to singing in school choirs as I got older. Growing up I adored musical theatre I was always a theatre kid. I did a lot of musical theatre and started taking voice lessons in high school and then years later after college. To this day I still have a singing coach and love singing and songwriting. 

Who are your inspirations or influences?

There’s quite a list! I look for and find inspiration in many things. There’s a ton of musicians and performers out there all doing their thing and sharing it all with others, and I just think that’s amazing. The power music and live performance can have is truly remarkable and inspirational! 

What advice would you offer aspiring performers?

Just do it, enjoy every minute of it! Just put yourself out there and continue doing what you love no matter what! 

If you’re struggling with stage fright or confidence, don’t let fear hold you back from putting yourself out there. The more you do it, the easier it gets and the better you’ll get as a performer. There’s also wonderful communities of other artists and performers out here who are so supportive, positive and helpful who we as artists can always turn to for guidance and advice too! 

How do you set yourselves apart from other bands or singers?

I try not to think about that too much if I’m being honest. Everyone has their own unique gifts and we all bring something different and special to our music as singers and musicians. I just try to be the best I can be and focus on improving, learning and growing as an artist. I just try to be honest and authentic and share my music and songs with the audience/listeners. I also love connecting to the audience and listeners and sharing in the experience together! 

Any new gigs or albums in the future

I haven’t performed in a while, but would love to do more performances in the future if ever given the opportunity. But, I do have some music that will be coming out pretty soon which I’m really excited! Lots of song covers, singing roles in some projects I’m cast in and my first ever EP which I’m hoping to release sometime later this year. Stay tuned on my social media to stay updated! 

No comments:

Post a Comment