Saturday, January 1, 2022

DJ Interviews: Temporary Longterm Positions

Here's my interview with Temporary Longterm Positions


 How'd you get started in music?

I was always trying to create music from as far back as I remember, either banging on tubs and pans thinking I was a drummer to picking up my dads guitar and butchering basic chords, I'd create new chords as I didn't know what the proper ones were and from there created strange little songs that I'd record onto analogue tape and then overdub, later I learnt the proper chords and then lead guitar from ear.

Who are your inspirations or influences?
Turning points for me were discovering the US bands from the late '60s, bands like Love, The Stooges, The Doors, Velvet Underground and the 13th Floor Elevators completely changed what I thought could be achieved through music/lyrics and from there I was ''free'' from the normal constructs. Also, Bob Dylan was a huge influence although I'm not sure you can hear these come through the music I make necessarily.

What advice would you offer aspiring performers?
Do what the fuck you like and don't let anyone tell you otherwise, there are no rules, you don't need verses and choruses, be true to yourself - live it, love it and remember you only get one shot, take your chances no matter how annoying it might be sometimes being in that situation.

How do you set yourselves apart from other bands or singers?
I think the way I play guitar and the way I construct ideas sets me apart, there's no other agenda aside from that, I don't really think about the process of setting ourselves apart that much, hopefully the music does that anyway.

Any new gigs or albums in the future?
If I can find some musicians to play the other parts on our albums then yes, would love to gig but not a possibility until I find the right mix. Albums, definitely yes, always working on something.

No comments:

Post a Comment