Thursday, March 11, 2021

DJ Interviews: Mastesy

Hey there guys DJ Dizzy here & this is my interview with a band who call themselves Mastesy Enjoy!


How'd you get started in music?

 

I started playing drums when I was 12 years old (before that I sang in a choir) but playing drums was the start for being creative. With 14 I started playing guitar and directly started writing songs with just a few chords. With 16 I joined a local band as the drummer. One year later the band broke up and I formed my own band as the singer and guitarist.

 

Who are your inspirations or influences?

 

There are many inspirations and influences. The Beatles made me start playing drums and Green Day made me start playing guitar. Over the years I would consider The Beatles, Green Day, Oasis, Soundgarden, Jack Johnson, Metallica and Queen as influences.

 

What advice would offer aspiring performers?

 

Do your own thing. Try to find your own way even though nobody likes it in first place. Practice every day to master your instrument. Work on your lyrics. That’s what people listen to besides a great beat or guitar riff.

 

How do you set yourselves apart from other bands or singers?

 

I try not to limit myself. There are no boundaries or areas you can´t go to as a musician or artist.

 

Any new gigs or albums in the future

 

Yes, when the pandemic is over, I will play acoustic shows. I am working on a EP and hope to release it in summer of 2021.

Special thanks to Eric Janotta for providing the interview & I wish him & his band lots of luck so untill then I'll catch you on The Flipside! Stay awesome & rock n roll!

No comments:

Post a Comment