Wednesday, March 3, 2021

DJ Interviews: Dave Scott

 Hey there guys, DJ Dizzy here & here's my interview with artist Dave Scott, Enjoy!



I got started when I was 7 years old, when I started to play the piano. I never really got into it though as I really wanted to learn the guitar. I started learning guitar around 9 years old and picked up the drums whilst I learnt guitar. I gave up eventually though as I didn’t really have a passion for it at this point. I regained my passion for music when I got back into rock music when I was 16 and I was obsessed with the song ‘can’t stop’ by the Red Hot Chili Peppers so I really wanted to learn the riff on my guitar. This was when I really got back into music and I relearnt all the instruments again and learnt how to write music. I’ve been trying to get better with my music since then and I’ve come a long way regarding my writing of music I think (I’m 21 now).

I’m inspired generally by people in rock music but incorporate other genres into their music. I am really into Bruce Springsteen and Paul Simon, as well as U2 and the Red Hot Chili Peppers. I also like David Gilmour and Jimi Hendrix as guitarists. I really like the entertainment side of music as well, and I think my biggest inspiration regarding this is probably Prince or Freddie Mercury.

I’d advise people to work on their own music and try not to compare the music they make to anyone else’s. I think that people shouldn’t write songs to please other people but instead should try and write for themselves. If people like your music then happy days but if not then you can’t take it personally as everyone has different tastes in music.

I think I draw a lot from music from the past but I add in my own elements which I think make it unique. I’m interested in a lot of different genres of music and I like to incorporate these into my own music. I think that the fact I play all the instruments on my releases also makes me unique to an extent. It is generally the fact that I make music the way I want to and I feel like this is the unique factor for most musicians in terms of their sound.

I have got an album in the works which I am teasing at the moment. It has been a lot of fun to make and that vibe comes across in the songs that I have for it, so I’m really looking forward to releasing the singles and the album later on this year!

Special thanks to him for doing this interview, & I wish him lots of luck in his music, so until then I'll catch you on The Flipside, stay awesome & rock n roll!

No comments:

Post a Comment