Tuesday, March 30, 2021

DJ Interviews: Ragnarok

Hello everyone DJ Dizzy here & I did an interview with a band by the name of Ragnarok who had a lot to say about their humble beginnings. Enjoy!

How'd you get started in music?
I got started at a young age if I'm honest, influenced by my parents who mainly listened to Soul (mum) and Rock (dad), when I turned 18 I decided I wanted to learn guitar so I bought one and am self taught. That decision turned out to be one of the best I have made. Nothing beats coming home after a shitty day and turning my amp up and just letting rip!

Who are your inspirations or influences? 
When I first decided I wanted to play AC/DC and Angus Young were my main influence, but being a metal head bands like Megadeth, Metallica and Iron Maiden but as I grew as a musician and composer I draw influence from more varied sources, I love blues rock as an example but also love bands like Dream Theater and Symphony X as they are just masters at their craft!

What advice would offer aspiring performers? 
you can't be anything your not, so be you. I love to be on stage more than anything and my inner rock star comes out, so I let him out and run wild!! don't be afraid to try new things, they may not work but you will learn from it, and they are the most valuable lessons. Most importantly believe in yourself and know when you have made a good piece of music you can be proud of!!!

Any new gigs or albums in the future?
Yes!! our new EP, Time For Change, is to be launched on 9th September 2018 and a launch party is the way we are doing it. its at @75 club in Birkenhead, Wirral, England, and its set up to be out best yet, loads of cool bands we have played with before! We have more shows and all of those plus new ones added can be found on our website www.ragnarokband.com please get over there as our EP can be listened to for free. 
 
Matthew Foulkes - Lead Guitar.
 
I wish them nothing but luck in everything so until then stay righteous & I'll catch you on the flipside! rock n roll!

No comments:

Post a Comment