Saturday, July 29, 2023

DJ Interviews: The Last Ghost

 Here's my interview with  The Last Ghost


How'd you get started in music?

I started in music in Edinburgh in 1994 with a band called Back Door. I was on bass and sometimes drums. In 1996 I got serious in music with the band, The Rain. 

Who are your inspirations or influences?

The obvious ones are the older ones like  The Beatles,  The Who and Pink Floyd. I'm also a Paul Weller nut but far too many others to mention. 

What advice would you offer aspiring performers?

If in doubt, just do it. You will fail at first then get better. If you love it and enjoy it then you have already won the lottery. Enjoyment and experiences from music are worth more than money and fame. 

How do you set yourselves apart from other bands or singers?

I'm unique in that in only really started doing solo music seriously into my 40s after a few years if bands then doing nothing for years and years. Also I keep finding new ways to write songs all the time. I am still learning at my age. 

Any new gigs or albums in the future?

I am currently working hard on my 6th album. I have 20 songs I am trying to get down to 11. I hope to release it in September this year. 

If you fancy checking out my music, it's all here:

No comments:

Post a Comment