Sunday, February 7, 2021

DJ Interviews: Overseas Love Crisis

Hey there guys DJ Dizzy here & this is my interview with a band who call themselves Overseas Love Crisis

1) My name is Charles and I play in OLC, I got started in music when I joined school programs. I got on board with band class and I loved every second. Basically from there I just found anything I could do that involved music. Band camps, jazz, marching band, musical theater orchestras. I always had a strong love of music and had my bands that I liked when I was growing up. I didn’t get into guitar until middle school and high school but that’s when I really wanted to get out and start gigging. 


2) My personal influences are all over, my first two CDs were an Aerosmith greatest hits CD and AFI’s Sing the Sorrow. I love bayside, they’re my all time favorite. I like jazz trumpet and sax and I like metal. It varies day to day but I always go back to a couple. My band mates have some of the most diverse music tastes I’ve seen and I think that really helps in our songwriting and our musicality. 

3) For the aspiring performer I would say you need to go see a lot of shows. Go see shows you wouldn’t normally see, go see musicals, go see punk shows and acoustic coffee house stuff. I try and go to every concert I can so I can watch my musical peers and see what they can do, what they bring to the table as far as the stage show. I hate being up in the middle sometimes it gets a little awkward! But just get out and see shows. Go to concerts. Interact with bands. 

4) We try and be unique. We play punk rock but we play a lot of different covers when we’ve been playing these bars and venues for years. We play horns as well. I play trumpet and I like to feature it when I can. I think it’s fun to watch someone’s eyes light up when they realize there’s a trumpet up on stage. We play what we know and we come from so many different backgrounds as far as what we like and what we expected OLC to be. It’s been fun to see us grow in a different way than our peers. 

5) OLC has an album coming out in 2021 called Sunsets. It’s going to be the second album in our series of concept albums telling a story. Our first single Midwest State of Mind is out now everywhere that you stream music. We’re waiting for a time that we can come back and rock a stage again. We’ve been sidelined a lot of the year just like everyone else has been. 

Let me know what links Or anything else you would like to share, we would really like to get the Spotify link out for our new single advertised. I can send if you think it’ll work. we also have pics and logos if you need. Thanks for interviewing us and I appreciate you reaching out! 

Special thanks to them for this interview & I wish them lots of luck in their music so until then I'll catch you on The Flipside! So until then stay awesome & rock n roll!

No comments:

Post a Comment