Thursday, February 25, 2021

DJ Interviews: Miki Bowles

Hello there guys DJ Dizzy here & this is my interview with singer Miki Bowles, Enjoy!


How'd you get started in music? 
I started writing lyrics when i was in my early teens, it helped deal with leaving home young. Music was my escape from feeling lonely. I started a course to learn the basics in Music Tech when i was 17 after completing the Prince's Trust course. Had some really inspiring mentors when it came to music.
 
Life took over and writing music just became a hobby. When my Mum got cancer in Jan 2020, it hit me hard so i packed in job as a stock controller and decided to do what i love, Now taking my HNC Lv4 in Music Tech.  

Who are your inspirations or influences? 
Eminem obviously had a huge impact on my musical influence growing up, was always looking out for his next song. Relatable, serious, conscious and fun.  There's so many people that inspire me now, every time i go online i hear so much amazing music from unsigned independent artists,  These artists are some of the most influential to me in my network 
Courtney Bowles, MartynB, Seany Collins and Nick Tara. 
 

What advice would offer aspiring performers? 
Believe in yourself, be yourself and work hard.  
 

How do you set yourselves apart from other bands or singers? 
There's so many rappers and singers in the world. I'm not set out to be the best, but i push myself to be the best ME possible, My style, flow and content is authentic to how I'm feeling and what I've been through, I've got a passion for songwriting and story telling, I love a banging beat and I'm really enjoy giving back some raw energy after all the time i spent not believe in myself.  
 

Any new gigs or albums in the future?
 
I've got two albums to release over Feb/March 2021
A Hip Hop/Rap album and a high energy Club Mix album rammed with feel good vibes, 


Special thanks to them on this interview so until then I'll catch you on The Flipside! Stay awesome & rock n roll!

No comments:

Post a Comment