Monday, February 22, 2021

DJ Interviews: Malicious Intent

Hey there guys its your old friend The DJ & I  had the pleasure of interviewing a band who call themselves Malicious Intent who shared their musical origins. Enjoy!

 

How'd you get started in music?

 

I started when I was really young, my mom signed me up for piano lessons and I really enjoyed that. I’ve kind of had music around me my whole life with my mom being a musical theater person growing up. I stopped piano for a while and picked up drumming and stuck with that for years, and more recently I’ve been playing guitar and bass. I’ve been lucky enough to be surrounded by fantastic people that have helped me grow and learn how to better create, compose, mix, engineer, and do everything that I have to do for my music. About a year ago I really started to write and publish my music and ever since I’ve been improving and continuing in everything I do.

 

Who are your inspirations or influences?

 

My biggest influence is definitely Nine Inch Nails. Ever since I was a kid I’ve had that music around me with my dad playing Year Zero in the car on my way to school. I love and connect with Trent Reznor and his music in such a unique way that I feel many other fans of his music can understand. As far as the heavier, less experimental stuff I do I would say I’m influenced by the likes of Slipknot and Mick Gordon since I love the hard hitting and sometimes simple but incredibly effective riffs and beats they use.

 

What advice would offer aspiring performers?

 

I can’t say much as a performer as I have yet to perform live due to covid shutting things down. However as an artist and someone that’s had to learn how to go from unmixed noise filled garbage to clean effective impactful songs, all I can say is keep going. I’ve felt like giving up and like I wasn't improving sometimes but I just forced myself to continue even when I was down. If you love music and love making music and really want to create, then you will always find a way.

 

How do you set yourselves apart from other bands or singers?

 

I like to think my band is unique in the fact that it’s made up of characters. At least for now while I have no band members, every instrument is played by myself and portrayed by a unique mask, costume, and personality of a character I’ve designed. They’re really only seen in music videos when I make them but I do plan for these characters to show up more and more and really have them be the image and face of Malicious Intent.

 

Any new gigs or albums in the future

 

I have a new album in progress right now with some of my most honest and open songs I’ve ever written. It doesn't have a release date or anything yet but I’ll post updates as I always do on my social media as it comes along. The new album is called “Devolution” right now which is subject to change, I would highly recommend keeping an eye out for this one.


Special thanks to them for doing this interview & I wish them lots of luck in their music. So until then I'll catch you on the Flipside! Stay awesome & rock n roll!

No comments:

Post a Comment