Monday, December 28, 2020

DJ Interviews: Sonia D

 Hey there guys here's my interview with singer Sonia D



How'd you get started in music?

- I started writing music when I was 14 and I did music all through school and I was in various bands throughout the years. Last year I decided to go out on my own as a solo artist. 

Who are your inspirations or influences?

- There are many artists that inspire me like Nina Simone, Jeff Buckley, Pete Yorn, Tori Amos, Fiona Apple and Chantal Kreviazuk.

What advice would offer aspiring performers?

- For aspiring performers my advice would be to be true to yourself, do your own thing, keep practicing daily, enjoy the journey and don't strive for perfection.

How do you set yourselves apart from other bands or singers?

- I just try and stay true to myself and keep learning my craft and hope to reach listeners that resonate with my style of music. 

Any new gigs or albums in the future

- A lot more singles to come and hopefully an EP next year and continue to do livestream gigs on the Stageit platform. 

No comments:

Post a Comment