Wednesday, December 23, 2020

DJ Interviews: Legendarium Band

 Hey there guys DJ Dizzy here & I've had the pleasure of interviewing a punk rock band who calls themselves Legendarium as they sat down & spoke on their success.


How'd you get started in music?

I have been playing guitar off and on since age 8 (I think) just playing covers and such. I've always felt I a real desire to express myself with music, but I had no idea where to start. Somewhere around 2016/2017 I got the idea to start writing my own songs. At that time I didn't know what I was doing or how to form a band, and I was very self-conscious about my music so I just did everything myself. I started to sing and play keyboards. I found I could do everything myself except drums, so I started asking around online for people who could record drums for an album, and Stefano responded to me. I see that as the point Legendarium really started. 

Who are your inspirations or influences?

My main influences would be the Misfits, Type O Negative, Running Wild and Buckethead. Besides those there's loads of other bands I draw influence from, mostly in thrash, doom, gothic and power metal, and hardcore punk and horror punk.

What advice would offer aspiring performers?

Define what you find most important in music, and stick to that. Don't let anybody tell you what to do. Don't change your sound because someone tells you they don't like it. If you have a vision and an idea you truly believe in, nothing else matters. 

How do you set yourselves apart from other bands or singers?

I think Legendarium offers a blend of genres and styles that is pretty unique, and I like to think the melodies and lyrics are very strong. Besides that I don't try to be anything for anybody. I just do what I like and what I believe in. 

Any new gigs or albums in the future

Nothing planned in the future, but 2 weeks ago I released our new album "Reign In Repose", a 40-minute concept album full of tasty riffs, triumphant solos, cosmic horror and more. It's available on all big streaming platforms like Spotify and YouTube, and for the first time ever I had CDs made, which are available through our Bandcamp!


Special thanks to them for doing this interview & I wish them luck in their music so until then I'll catch you on The Flipside! Stay awesome & rock n roll!

No comments:

Post a Comment