Tuesday, December 29, 2020

DJ Interviews: Kyetoba

 Hey there all DJ Dizzy here & I just did an interview with a singer named Kyetoba who had  so much to share on their musical origins (The interview was done via Twitter)


How'd you get started in music? I started playing the violin as a child and played in school orchestras and such. I already enjoyed writing lyrics and poems but I didn’t start composing until I was about 18. It started with me altering arrangements for a string group and then naturally progressed to me writing my own stuff. Who are your inspirations or influences? My earliest musical memories are listening to Rob Dougan. He’s an amazing singer and composer and I remember thinking as a child how cool it all was. I’m a big fan of Lana Del Rey and bands like Royal Blood. I’d also say I’m influenced a lot by the film and video games I like. I grew up watching a lot of sci-fi/thrillers and directors such as Christopher Nolan and Zack Snyder. What advice would offer aspiring performers? I would say to embrace what makes you unique. Everyone’s journey is different and so don’t compare yourselves to others. It’s never to late to start learning a musical skill either. How do you set yourselves apart from other bands or singers? Just as we are all unique human beings, if you stay true to yourself then your art can reflect this individuality. I’m just me and my music reflects my personal life experience and how I grew up. Any new gigs or albums in the future? Lots of new singles to be released over the next few months and an album is currently in the works. I’m also working on a classical album on the side too. When gigs are allowed again I’d definitely love to perform.


Special thanks to them for this interview & I wish them luck in their music. So until then I'll catch you on The Flipside! Stay awesome & rock n roll!

No comments:

Post a Comment