Friday, September 4, 2020

DJ Interviews: Stephen Chubaty

Hey there everyone, DJ Dizzy here & here's a singer by the name of Stephen Chubaty of the band Dark Messiah who had a lot to share on his musical success.

How'd you get started in music? 

Music has always been a part of my life. My first solo on a microphone was in grade four at a school assembly. Through high school heavy metal music helped my survive. It was always my outlet when I had a hard day. I started writing poetry and songs with my now fiancee in high school. 18 years later we reconnected because of my music. Dark Messiah has helped me craft my sound.

Who are your inspirations or influences?

My influences are many! From Elvis Presley to Freddy Mercury. I like to put on a very interactive show. Pulling the audience into my world for a moment. Artists like Metallica, Pantera, and Korn helped me shape my own sound for metal. How I move and the character/creature I become on stage is inspired by how the greats have worked the stage. From shaking hips to full body headbanging!

What advice would offer aspiring performers?

Honestly just do what you love... work hard and don't be afraid to put out who you are! Don't forget to have fun... support other artists as we are all fans. Also be mindful of social media presence. 

How do you set yourselves apart from other bands or singers?

I have to say that it is the way I perform. The stage is my playground. It is where I get to run around and truely connect with people. When your are at my show you can expect a high energy experience! The way I move influences the way I sing as the way I sing influences the way I move. Let's just say I am not afraid to swing my hips like the King, headbang like I am trying to launch my head from my shoulders, also bring you close for an emotional moment! Also the strength of the lyrics both written by me and through collaboration.

Any new gigs or albums in the future

Dark Messiah is currently in the studio recording a full length album. We will have nine new songs! We plan to put out a new music video to go along with our single and hope to tour to support the album. We look forward to opening for Flotsam and Jetsam in support of their tour when they come through Winnipeg next year. As well as heading to Alberta for the Decimate Music Festival next summer.

I also plan to start a blues/rock band.... so there will be lots of music to come!

Thank you very much for the interview. It means the world to me to be able to share my music. We are Dark Messiah!

Special thanks to him for doing this interview & I wish him luck in his music. So until then I'll catch you on The Flipside! Stay awesome & rock n roll!

No comments:

Post a Comment