Wednesday, September 2, 2020

DJ Interviews: Shaune Walt

Hello there everyone DJ Dizzy here & I interviewed an artist whose an up & comer & his name is Shaune Walt who had so much to share on his musical beginnings.


How'd you get started in music?

I started singing when I was three. Just around the house as my parents played records, tapes and then cds as I got older. My grandfather brought me my first guitar when I was 18. Before that, from the time I was 12, I was either stealing my dad's guitar to play or playing one when I was at my friend's house's. It wasnt until a few years after I had started playing in secret that I was actually allowed to play his guitar. 

Who are your inspirations or influences?

My influences range across the board. When I was a kid, country was played a lot in our house; Merle Haggard, Conway Twitty, Kris Kristofferson, Cash, Dolly Parton and Kenny Rodgers. But then I also heard Presley and Elton John and Billie Joel as well as the Eagles and the Beatles. Now my music is even more eclectic. I listen to everything from some pop and rap/hip hop to a lot of rock and metal with some newer country filtering its way in. lyrically, I would say that people like Chris Cornell, Bob Seger, Garth Brooks, Johnny Cash, and Don Henley are the people that have influenced me and still inspire me to try to up my game every time I write something.

What advice would offer aspiring performers?

Don't give up. Performing is hard. It's really ,really, really, really fucking hard. People are going to judge you and mach you for what you do. Haters are always gonna be there. You have to do what you are doing because you love doing it. Not for money or fame or anything else but the love of doing it. And remember the only way to get better is practice. They say you need to invest 10,000 hours to become a professional at anything, so keep practicing. 


How do you set yourselves apart from other bands or singers?

You've got me. I just try to be as real as I can. I write from what I know, try to get out of my comfort zone to expand my musical boundaries and try to actually care about the message my music is presenting. Does that make me different? I honestly don't know. Its not something I spend much time thinking about.

Any new gigs or albums in the future

White Bird, a song written by a fellow Canadian songwriter has just been released worldwide on most streaming platforms available. The full album, Blacklisted, should be available in the coming weeks. Artwork and packaging is just as important as the music most of the time so I want to make sure its represented well. Gigs are kind of at a standstill for now, but if you follow me on facebook facebook.com/shaunewaltmusic/ or twitter.com/shaunewalt I do go "live" on there from time to time. I am also continuing a series called "Dining Room Sessions" where I play acoustic versions of my songs and covers. All of them are available on my facebook page, some are available on my youtube channel as well

Special thanks to him for doing this interview & lot of luck on his music! So until then I'll catch you on the Flipside! Stay awesome & rock n roll!

No comments:

Post a Comment