Saturday, January 23, 2021

DJ Interviews: Lung Glass

 Hey there guys, DJ Dizzy here & this is my interview with a band who call themselves Lung Glass.


Question 1:

Stewart: I remember just one day wanting to learn an instrument. So I started on the piano then as I grew older I picked up the guitar.

Lee: Vengaboys just weren’t cutting it and I got a shot of Nirvanas incesticide and Silverchairs Frogstomp off my brothers mate decided I could totally play that!

Scott: I was given a copy of ride the lightening in school. Then me and Hendo decided we wanted to be Metallica.

Fin: Wrote midi music on an old ps1 game called Music 2000 when I was like 7/8 years old, didn't touch an instrument until I took up drums when I was 14/15 at high school when my folks bought me a kit.

Hendo: I heard Seek And Destroy when I was watching WCW and wanted to learn to play it on guitar

Question 2:

Stewart: Metallica, Killswitch Engage and Mark Tremonti

Lee: James Hetfield, Offspring

Scott: Metallica, but James Hetfield in particular.

Fin: Converge, Meshuggah and Steven Wilson

Hendo: Metallica, He Is Legend, ETID

Question 3:

Stewart: Make sure you are having fun. Don't let it become a chore. Otherwise you will lose the fun.

Lee: Learn how to take constructive criticism, it will come. I’m not good at the advice malarkey as it always comes out sounding like some Hallmark bullshit.

Scott: Believe in what you are doing. You have to believe in yourself before you can expect anyone else to. Prepare to push past negativity and don’t let anyone tell you what you should be doing. Have an influence but don’t try and be the next someone else. Be the only you. ✌🏻 and have fun.

Fin: Experiment trying out different ways of playing/techniques/genres/instruments, build a wide portfolio of what you can bring to the table.

Hendo: Listen to your band mates but also don’t take it too seriously.

Question 4:

We are making music for ourselves so we aren’t trying to set ourselves apart, plus we should all be bigging each other up, the music industry is a shit show with bands competing and paying to play shows, fuck covid.

Question 5:

No plans for gigs right now. But we are currently writing new songs all the time. You can check out our latest single For You on Spotify plus our other stuff. Also lungglass.com has all our info.

Special thanks to him for doing this interview & I wish him lots of luck in their music. So until then I'll catch you on The Flipside! Stay awesome & rock n roll!

No comments:

Post a Comment